Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cat's Cool Cats

At our guild's show last fall, I bought a really neat batik panel.  When I saw it, I immediately thought of my friend Linda, because she likes cats and she likes "quirky" things.  So, I turned it into a wall hanging for her.  I found some 2 inch African batik squares on Ebay (got one of the packages for a penny!) and used them to create the pieced border to look like a wrought iron window.  The outer border color was suggested by a clerk at a LQS -- I wouldn't ever have considered it, but I think it looks great.  Quilting is the focal point of this project -- all kinds/colors of threads on the picture.  My favorite is the metallic thread on the palm tree.  Then the outer border is a Leah Day design with wavy lined triangular areas.

(My friend really liked it... yea!)





No comments:

Post a Comment